Description of the issue:
- When attempting to import NPrinting 16 templates into NPrinting 17+ versions, the report tables do not appear in the NP designer import tool list
- Upon importing to NP 17+, the following message is displayed or similar message: "There are no compatible reports in this exported project"
- NPrinting from September 2019 and earlier versions
- For the 'New Line Issue" (see resolution section below for details) This issue was originally resolved by the September 2018 GA release of NPrinting. We strongly urge upgrading to the latest release of NPrinting before migrating from NP 16.x.x platform to NP 17 plus platform to leverage all bug fixes, performance enhancements.
: a new NPrinting to 17 + migration tool will be available with the November 2019 NPrinting release
and newer versionsInvalid object - Salesman_Level:
Invalid unused NPrinting tags:
- It is NOT used in the template editor
NOTE that it is not possible to import the following items as these options will not be available in NPrinting 17+:
- No corresponding objects found under the 'connection' field
- Bookmarks used as NPrinting filters. QlikView Bookmarks have ID's similar to "BM01" for example.
- Linked Fields created in NPrinting. You will notice import failures similar to that shown below for linked fields only. Linked fields do not exist in QlikView. As such, NPrinting creates an alphanumeric string ID.
In order to successfully import NPrinting 16 reports into the NPrinting 17+ platform, you need to remove all invalid and/or unsupported NP 17+ itemsNote: Before removing bookmarks from the NP 16 source, it is recommended to document the bookmark filters so that information can be used to build similar filters in the NP 17 + platform:Invalid:
Unsupported NP 17+:
- chart objects,
- report template tags
- Linked Fields
- QV bookmarks used as NPrinting filters
Furthermore, you may also need to click 'update' on each chart object to ensure that the objects are the same and consistent with the objects found in the NPrinting Designer.
Finally for Pixel Perfect, since there is no 'update' feature on chart objects, you will need to
1. make note of the chart objects in the object explorer on the top left within the PxP template editor
Re-export your NPrinting 16 project
2. remove each object - This removes the object with the missing column or columns due to an change in the chart objects within the QVW.
3. re-add each object - The replaces the previous object with newly updated column or columns found in the QVW data model.
without the extraneous report tags, objects, linked fields and bookmarks.
If the above steps do not not solve the issue:
- The NPrinting 17+ versions report import process should then work as expected.
- Check for "new lines" in your QVW or QVF source chart column code.
Due to the presence of the "new line" character in a calculated dimension or expressions of a QlikView Chart object ie: CH6xx:
Date.Year = year(Today())
Date.Month <= Month(Today())
Solution for 'New line' issue:
- The "new line" character behavior is managed in different way in NP 18 and the import does not recognize the column.
- NPrinting internal architecture routine that checks the column ID and column properties has been updated to manage the "new line" character in the expression editor and now allows the import to work as expected
- Upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting