NPrinting engine installation failed - Service account password starting with "=" or containing ";"Article Number: 000073225 | Last Modified: 2019/11/04
- During the installation process, the NPrinting engine installation is failing and rolling back.
- When looking to the main package installation log file located in C:\Users\<userID>\AppData\Local\Temp for the user account used to attempt the NPrinting Engine installation, you will find the following logged error information:
- NPrinting April 2019 IR and older
R&D team has discovered an unexpected defect in the Nprinting Engine installer program.
- When the password fields contain the semicolon char ( ; ) or start with the equals char ( = ), the installer wrongly evaluates them as reserved characters, resulting in a bad parameter parsing.
- Simply modify the NPrinting service account password accordingly without the special characters shown below:
- Semicolon char ( ; )
- Equals char ( = )
! This issue also applies to the password used for the NPrinting Engine Certificate during the NP Engine/Installation/Upgrade process with Nov. 2018 and later releases.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.