NPrinting API Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 500 (Internal Server Error):Article Number: 000057354 | Last Modified: 2019/04/09
- When attempting to trigger NPrinting Tasks using the NPrinting API Task Trigger from a reloaded QlikView application the QVX-UNEXPECTED-END-OF-DATA-HTTP-protocol-error-500-Internal-Server-Error error is generated
- If a publish task is disabled, the API should be able to manage disabled published tasks
|PROD||Publish Task 1|
|PROD||Publish Task 2|
What is the actual result?
- If any of the NPrinting Publish Tasks are initially enabled as above but then subsequently disabled or deleted, the following reload error occurs:
- QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 500 (Internal Server Error)
- The current NP TASK API, is unable to manage disabled NPrinting Publish Tasks that were previously enabled.
- If any Publish Task is disabled that was previously enabled, the error QVX-UNEXPECTED-END-OF-DATA-HTTP-protocol-error-500-Internal-Server-Error will be generated when reloading your application.
An improvement has been submitted that is expected to:
- prevent any disabled tasks in the app from causing the reload error 'QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 500 (Internal Server Error)"
- Keep all Publish Tasks enabled within the NP App as in the example above. Do not disable or delete any of the Publish Tasks.
- NOTE: If you must disable a publish task, you can simply disable the report or remove the report and recipients from the task but do not disable the task itself.
NOTE: that processing of more than a single tasks not a bug but rather a problem with code used to execute tasks
- The API is expected to be updated in a future release of NPrinting to better manage previously enabled but then subsequently disabled tasks in an NP 'App'
- At the moment, we cannot provide an estimate at this time when the update will be included in the NPrinting API library as the scope of work and implementation of the improvement is currently underway by our R&D team. The workaround is to keep all tasks enabled or follow the note in solution 2 if a report in a task must no longer go out.
- In order to allow multiple tasks to run, update your load script with the appropriate code available in the QVW load script attached to this article.
UPDATE: New code has been provided by R&D that is attached to this article.This code will allow you to execute all publish tasks in within a single NPrinting App.
Caveate: You must have at least 1 publish task enabled.
Conclusion: There is no bug with the API. If you get the error QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: HTTP protocol error 500 (Internal Server Error)" this is a warning that there is a problem with the code you are using in conjunction with the NPrinting Task Execution API. Use the attached code which includes the NPrinting Task Execution API to resolve the error.
Original API code from R&D.pdf
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.