Unable to save Authentication Code in Google related connectors (Qlik Web Connectors)Article Number: 000053852 | Last Modified: 2019/10/02
- User clicks "Authenticate", and is redirected to Google Log in page
- User logs in with Google ID and authorize Qlik Web Connectors to access the necessary resources
- Google generates an authorization code
- User copies this authorization code to Qlik Web Connectors, clicks "Save" and run the query
Issue happens in the last step (4): when user clicks "Save", the connector hangs for a while then fails with error "An error occurred while trying to authenticate. (status code = 500, The operation has timed out)"
Environment: Any version of Qlik Web Connectors
Note that https://www.googleapis.com/ is only for API calls and does not provide a web interface. Therefore, opening the URL in a web browser would return a page not found error. Doing a telnet command to this address would be a more appropriate test.
- Make sure googleapis.com is reachable on port 443 from the server where Qlik Web Connector is installed. This can be tested as follows:
- Ensure the users have access to save changes where Qlik Web Connectors installed
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.