Is there an example on what Nprinting 17 can do with Qlik Sense Section Access?Environment:
Example on Nprinting with Qlik Sense Section Access
The purpose of this document is to show an example what Nprinting can do with Qlik Sense Section Access.
This document only covers the basics. Qlik Education service is good option for you consider if you want to learn more how to use/configure Nprinting. Qlik Consulting service can assist you to design/develop sense app, Nprinting reports based on your needs.
The app with following script is created in Qlik Sense and one table object is added into the sheet.Domain\Administrator, Domain\Alex
is windows domain account.
LOAD * inline [
USER, DOMAIN\Alex, 2
NUM AS REDUCTION;
Chr( RecNo()+ord('A')-1) AS ALPHA,
RecNo() AS NUM
open the app in See hub, Domain\Administrator
see 3 records in table.
open the app in hub, Domain\Alex
see only 1 records in table.
- When creating the Connection in NPrinting towards the Qlik Sense app, specify Identity and tick “Apply user section access for reports”
- Create user Alex in Admin > Users in NPrinting QMC, make sure Domain account Domain\Alex is entered.
- Make sure, “NewsStandUser” is added in Roles tab.
- Now create report and tasks. Make sure, Add user alex into User/groups tab in task
- Distribute the report to NewsStand. Set NewsStand as destination for alex in Destination tab in task.
- Run the task and login to the NPrinting NewsStand with alex account and open the generated report.
As you can see, the report which Alex received is based on section access result (The report only contains 1 record)