Investigate issues with QVPR using the QVPR analysis toolArticle Number: 000047364 | Last Modified: 2019/04/11
With this app, it is possible to analyse Reload and Distribution tasks and more.
The QVPR is, by default, stored as an XML repository in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\
Before getting started, the following two tools need to be downloaded:
QvprAnalysis_V2.1.qvw (available on qlikviewcookbook.com)
Steps to follow:
- Extract the QvprAnalysis_V2.1.qvw into any folder on your PC
- Place the entire QVPR folder that you need to analyse in the same above folder where the QvprAnalysis_V2.1.qvw file is
- Go to the "How To" tab then set the Path to QVPR Directory to the correct path
- From the "How To" tab then do a reload. This will load all the QVPR XML data into QlikView for analysis
- If you need to modify all the QVPR XML files in bulk, for example change a reference in long list of tasks, use notepad ++ search and replace function as in screenshot below
- Save the changes
- Reload the new updated QVPR for analysis again from the "How To" tab, then browse the full data via other tabs
You can copy the contents of the QVPR folder to another (local) location and analyze from there.
Or you can unzip one of the QVPR backups from:
and analyze the unzipped copy.
In most situations you will need to look for suspicious file names, illegal characters that break the QVPR content XML, or references to QVW files that are in the QlikView logs that show related errors.
You can also compare the QVPR from a backup from the time before the issue happened and see the difference in the tasks that have been added recently
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.