Qlik Sense hub missing header (Accept-Language) from browser making the hub not accessible after upgrade to November-2017 version.
Article Number: 000044140 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
In Qlik Sense hub, there is a known issue with the missing header (Accept-Language) from the browser makes the hub not accessible after upgrade to November-2017 version.
When accessing the hub, the page stays in loading mode after logging in.
This issue is being worked on and will be implemented in the next release of Qlik Sense. However, there is a temporary fix for the issue. See steps below and the attached language.js file
Steps for the temporary fix:
1. Stop "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" Service on all nodes
2. Make a backup of "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\AboutService\middlewares\language.js"
3. Replace language.js file with the one attached in this comment : language.js ( see attached )
4. Start "Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher" Service on all nodes
5. Verify if the temp fix works.