THIS IS FOR THE FOLLOWING RELEASE: QLIK SENSE JUNE 2017 (11.11.X) PATCH 1 AND 2 ONWARDS
This article guides administrators on how to remove or roll-back a patched installation and install a later patch. Please note that currently you cannot install a patch on top of another patch without first uninstalling the earlier patch. In order to install a patch, you must have the Initial Release of June 2017 installed first. The patch is an MSP file, not a full installation file.
To update to a new patch, currently the previous patch must be removed prior to updating to the next patch or the following message may appear:
Note: As of Qlik Sense September 2017 Patch 1 this process is no longer necessary. The patch installer will take care of all of these steps.
The process follows:
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to "Programs and features" .
- On the upper left side of the dialog, look for the “View installed updates” link and click the link.
- Once in “Installed updates” view, look for the “Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 1” update or whichever patch you wish to remove.
- Select the “Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 1” item by left-clicking.
- At the top of the dialog, select the “Uninstall” option.
- Qlik Sense will present a pop-up a dialog.
- Click on the “Remove” option.
- Once the message “Removed update successfully” is displayed, the patch is removed.
- Proceed to install the Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 2 release. Patch 2 includes the fixes from Patch 1, patches are cumulative.
The roll-back process is the same as above, follow the steps to remove the new patch and the installation is back to the initial release.
Sometimes customers have a hard time finding where the patches are listed. They must go to "view installed updates":