Qlik Sense June 2017 Release: How to remove a patch installation and install a new patch
Article Number: 000038759 | Last Modified: 2019/09/03
After Qlik Sense September 2017 Patch 1, any patch installed on top of an existing patch install will automatically uninstall the previous patch and install the new patch.
Qlik Sense July 2019 Patch 1 is installed, and Patch 2 needs to be installed.
Executing the Patch 2 installation package will automatically uninstall Patch 1 and install Patch 2.
Prior to Qlik Sense September 2017, patches needed to be uninstalled manually.
Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 1 is installed, and Patch 2 needs to be installed.
Executing the Patch 2 installation package will fail.
This article guides administrators on how to remove or roll-back a patched installation and install a later patch. The patch is an MSP file, not a full installation file.
To update to a new patch, currently the previous patch must be removed prior to updating to the next patch or the following message may appear:
The process follows:
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Go to "Programs and features" .
- On the upper left side of the dialog, look for the “View installed updates” link and click the link.
- Once in “Installed updates” view, look for the “Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 1” update or whichever patch you wish to remove.
- Select the “Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 1” item by left-clicking.
- At the top of the dialog, select the “Uninstall” option.
- Qlik Sense will present a pop-up a dialog.
- Click on the “Remove” option.
- Once the message “Removed update successfully” is displayed, the patch is removed.
- Proceed to install the Qlik Sense June 2017 Patch 2 release. Patch 2 includes the fixes from Patch 1, patches are cumulative.
The roll-back process is the same as above, follow the steps to remove the new patch and the installation is back to the initial release.
Sometimes customers have a hard time finding where the patches are listed. They must go to "view installed updates":