When I attempting to create new report using the NPrinting Designer you receive the Catastrophic Error failure. This message is also by no means 'catastrophic' in any way.
User does not have access to local or networked default folder structure configured in the NPrinting Designer.
Once Windows full access
file and folder security permissions are granted to the target user for the NPrinting default folder locations, the user was immediately able to create reports.NOTE:
the NPrinting service account
will need the same file and folder permissions, to access any network
and or local computer directories
used in the default folder paths, in order to prevent 'castastrophic' error messages.
Example of default folder paths that each user must have in NPrinting 16:
*These paths can be setup according to your own networks needs and each user that needs access to the NP designer must also have full file/folder permission to access these paths.
1. Test access to these folders by logging in as the respective user:
- The person developing the NP reports
- The NP service user account
2. Copy and paste the network or local directory paths into a windows explorer/file explorer address bar and click 'enter'
3. Check to ensure that the report template is correctly attached to the report. If the report template 'Edit' button is greyed out, this means that the associated template is no longer connected. Reconnect to the template by correcting the template path, to ensure the report will not cause a catastrophic failure.NOTE
: Mapped drives are not supported and will cause access denied, catastrophic failures and designer and NP server freeze up issues