By default the memory pool for Qlik GeoAnalytics Server is configured to use 1024 MB of RAM.
The currently configured amount of available memory can be found on the Server Status tab in Qlik GeoAnalytics Server Administration panel:
Some services, such as the Route2 module requires additional memory (see system requirements for the various services in a separate document).
For performance reasons the whole route database is loaded into memory when the server starts and is kept there until shutdown.
The database file is heavily compressed which is why the file size is lower than the amount of memory it needs.
To increase the available amount of memory do the following:
- On the Qlik GeoAnalytics server, launch Configure Service (Windows Start menu > Qlik GeoAnalytics Server > Configure Service)
- Go to the Java tab in Qlik GeoAnalytics Server Properties
- Change Maximum memory pool to meet the requirements for services required (for example 8192 MB for the Route2 module)
- Press Apply to apply the changes
- Go to the General tab and press Stop then Start to restart the service
Relaunch Qlik GeoAnalytics Server Administration console and verify the amount of memory in Server Status