How to Resolve Failure Importing NPrinting 16 Templates into the NPrinting 17+ Platform. There are no compatible reports in this exported projectArticle Number: 000028730 | Last Modified: 2019/08/12
- When attempting to import NPrinting 16 templates into NPrinting 17+ versions, the report tables do not appear in the NP designer import tool list
- Upon importing to NP 17+, the following message is displayed or similar message: "There are no compatible reports in this exported project"
- All Versions of NPrinting
- For the 'New Line Issue" (see resolution section below for details) This issue was originally resolved by the September 2018 GA release of NPrinting. We strongly urge upgrading to the latest release of NPrinting before migrating from NP 16.x.x platform to NP 17 plus platform to leverage all bug fixes, performance enhancements.
Invalid object - Salesman_Level:
- It is NOT used in the template editor
Invalid unused NPrinting tags:
- No corresponding objects found under the 'connection' field
NOTE that it is not possible to import the following items as these options will not be available in NPrinting 17+:
- Bookmarks used as NPrinting filters. QlikView Bookmarks have ID's similar to "BM01" for example.
- Linked Fields created in NPrinting. You will notice import failures similar to that shown below for linked fields only. Linked fields do not exist in QlikView. As such, NPrinting creates an alphanumeric string ID.
- Invalid and unused NPrinting report objects, tags or unsupported NP 17+ items may cause export/imports to fail.
- QVW data model has changed so that the NPrinting PxP editor is still referencing objects that may now have new columns/field data.
- QVW connections need to be refreshed, then the template editors must be accessed for each report and the steps in the resolution followed to ensure the NP 17+ import works as designed.
- Presence of the "new line" character in a calculated dimension or expressions of a QlikView Chart object ie: CH6xx which is resolved in NPrinting September 2018 GA and later releaseas
- chart objects,
- report template tags
- Linked Fields
- QV bookmarks used as NPrinting filters
Furthermore, you may also need to click 'update' on each chart object to ensure that the objects are the same and consistent with the objects found in the NPrinting Designer.
Finally for Pixel Perfect, since there is no 'update' feature on chart objects, you will need to:
2. remove each object - This removes the object with the missing column or columns due to an change in the chart objects within the QVW.
3. re-add each object - The replaces the previous object with newly updated column or columns found in the QVW data model.
Re-export your NPrinting 16 project without the extraneous report tags, objects, linked fields and bookmarks.
- The NPrinting 17+ versions report import process should then work as expected.
If the above steps do not not solve the issue:
- Check for "new lines" in your QVW or QVF source chart column code.
Date.Year = year(Today())
Date.Month <= Month(Today())
Solution for 'New line' issue:
- The "new line" character behavior is managed in different way in NP 18 and the import does not recognize the column.
- NPrinting internal architecture routine that checks the column ID and column properties has been updated to manage the "new line" character in the expression editor and now allows the import to work as expected
- Upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.