In order to successfully import NPrinting 16 reports into the NPrinting 17+ platform, you need to remove all invalid and/or unsupported NP 17+ items:Invalid:
Unsupported NP 17+:
- chart objects,
- report template tags
- Linked Fields
- QV bookmarks used as NPrinting filters
Furthermore, you may also need to click 'update' on each chart object to ensure that the objects are the same and consistent with the objects found in the NPrinting Designer.
Finally for Pixel Perfect, since there is no 'update' feature on chart objects, you will need to
1. make note of the chart objects in the object explorer on the top left within the PxP template editor
Re-export your NPrinting 16 project
2. remove each object - This removes the object with the missing column or columns due to an change in the chart objects within the QVW.
3. re-add each object - The replaces the previous object with newly updated column or columns found in the QVW data model.
without the extraneous report tags, objects, linked fields and bookmarks.
If the above steps do not not solve the issue:
- The NPrinting 17+ versions report import process should then work as expected.
- Check for "new lines" in your QVW or QVF source chart column code.
Due to the presence of the "new line" character in a calculated dimension or expressions of a QlikView Chart object ie: CH6xx:
Date.Year = year(Today())
Date.Month <= Month(Today())
Solution for 'New line' issue:
- The "new line" character behavior is managed in different way in NP 18 and the import does not recognize the column.
- NPrinting internal architecture routine that checks the column ID and column properties has been updated to manage the "new line" character in the expression editor and now allows the import to work as expected
- Upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting