Description of verification errors, NP connection hangs, Designer 'failed to preview', and purged connection behaviors:
The following error messages may be displayed on the NPrinting "Connections" web console page
or via the NPrinting template editor. These occur generally when connections are not configured as per specifications outlined in the support help documentation that is found in the Qlik Help links at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Planning-your-deployment.htm
- "Error Request has been purged due to connection errors" status error message on the NPrinting "Connections" web console page
- "failed to preview" Nprinting report template editor errors
- Verification Errors found while using the NP "Connection" verification tool:
- To repair these issues, check the resolution section of this article.
- NPrinting 17 + platform all versions
How to resolve these errors:
Below are numbered summary points to ensure a successful NPrinting deployment as well as requirements and installation links:QlikView:
1. A dedicated NPrinting service windows active directory domain account
must be used. It must be dedicated to running the NPrinting server services on a single NPrinting server only. This account should also NOT be shared with any other NPrinting servers within the organization. One NPrinting service account per NPrinting server/NP engine must be used. NOTE: This applies to QlikView Only.
2. Named Production QlikView CAL.
If using QlikView, you must assign a QlikView CAL to the NPrinting service account. Then log on as the NPrinting service account, do 'File>Open in server
', then navigate to the QlikView server and select any qvw. This will remove 'personal edition' from the title bar thus licensing the QlikView Desktop in the NPrinting service account profile. (see How To Lease License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client
) If this is not performed correctly or fails for any reason, the log line below is registered during Connection Verification:...
Engine.Navigator.QlikView 126.96.36.199 Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QlikViewConnectionStringDiagnoser 20190709T202913.629+02:00 ERROR QLIKSERVER1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Evaluation of step QlikViewLicenseIsValid for connection string navigator=qlikview;documentpath=qvp://qlikserver3/Sub1/<appname>.qvw;identity=domainname\username failed.
3. If you are not able to connect to a QVW via File>Open in server
from the QV desktop on the NP server, then you must publish the QVW to the NPrinting service domain user account in the QMC (QlikView Management Console) and ensure this acccount is also a member of the QlikView Administrators on the QV server and the Local Administrators group on the NP server.
4. Unsupported QlikView Items
generally interfere with NPrinting Metadata reloads.(Also see article NPrinting: Unsupported QlikView Document items, System Configurations and other limitations
for more information)
- Alternate states
- Trigger - both sheet, document and any 'actions' triggers within text boxes objects
- List box and Multibox which contains property 'always one selected'
- AND-mode fields in filters/cycles/levels/pages etc
- Buttons that contain 'actions' work as triggers
- Containers within a container (also, move objects out of containers for best NPrinting reporting experience - NP reports can only generate output for the selected container object).
- Any unsupported third party extension objects
- Alternate identities: ie: qvp://nprinting_svc@qlikviewserver1/qwvs/salesdemo.qvw
1. The NPrinting service account must be a ROOTADMIN on the Qlik Sense server and it must be active.
2. The NPrinting service account must
- be a member of the local administrators security group on the NPrinting server
- have the log on as a service user rights assignment via the Local Security Policy console on the NPrinting server.
QlikView and Qlik Sense:
3. When exporting Qlik Sense certificates
, use the fully qualified domain name of the Qlik NPrinting server. ie: qlikserver1.qlik.com, check the 'include secret key' checkbox and do NOT use a password. More info under Exporting certificates through the QMC
. Next copy the certificates to the NPrinting server.
4. Ensure that the NPrinting server can reach the Qlik Sense server by its FQDN address, as it needs to match the imported Qlik Sense certificates' issuer (Issued by) information.
5. Certificate Import: On the NPrinting server, log on as the NPrinting service account and perform the certificate import process. (Use the following link for further information: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/NPrinting-with-Sense.htm
6. Use the NPrinting service account as the 'identity' when configuring NPrinting Qlik Sense connections.
7. Ensure the use of the Qlik Sense ID from the Sense Hub via the address bar in the browser. This ensures the accuracy of the Sense app ID and that the app is working normally.
8. Use the Proxy address of the Qlik Sense server in the proxy address field in the NPrinting sense connection.
9. If a 'Prefix' is used in the configuration of your Qlik Sense server, please use the prefix in your NPrinting connection proxy address ie: https://qlikserver1.domain.local/proxyprefixname
10. The following error will result in the verification process for Qlik Sense servers that utilize the new QS license model which allows allocation of "Professional" and "Analyzer"
licenses when the domain user used as the NP connection identity does not
have an 'analyzer' license allocated to it.Solution
: In the QS QMC, assign a QS 'Analyzer' license/token to the domain user account used as the NPrinting Connection Identity! If
your Qlik Sense fail over node is brought back up after a failure, you will need to reapply the points above. NPrinting does NOT automatically recognize the fail over Qlik Sense server node address.
1. If the path to the QVW file, the Qlik Sense ID, Qlik Sense Proxy Path or the root admin identity have changed then changes must be propagated to the NPrinting connection.
2. Ensure the following NPrinting ports are not blocked on both the NPrinting, QlikView and or Qlik Sense servers:
NPrinting Ports 80, 443, 4242, 4243, 4244, 4747, 4992, 4993, 4994, 4995, 4996, 4997, 5672https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm
3. If section access is in use, the NP service account or any domain user account used as a Connection Identity, must be added to the section access load script of the QVW or QVF in order to avoid verification connection problems
Adding section access later will also cause this and other errors. Therefore, the QVW or Qlik Sense NPrinting connections must be updated with the correct section access information.!
Both QlikView Desktop on the NPrinting Engine Machine and the QlikView server connected to MUST be on exactly the same version including SR (and the version must be supported. Please see requirements here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirements_engine.htm
) or the connection will fail.!
Once the above items are configured accurately, successful connections should be generated as expected and reports should also preview normally as well!
NPrinting server and Qlik Sense server MUST both be members of the SAME Active Directory domain.!
The latest versions of NPrinting have the most advanced logging, product defect fixes and performance enhancements. Please upgrade to the latest NP version to leverage these updates and in case the issue persists.