Possible solution list:
NPrinting 16 and NP 17+
NP 16 only:
- Ensure that all respective product requirements are met. *Not meeting or more of the requirements will cause hanging behavior and connection issues*. Two examples provided below:
- Create a dedicated NPrinting service account and stop using the QlikView service account to run the NPrinting server service if the QlikView service account is being used.
- Assign a dedicated CAL the NPrinting service account.
- Log on as the NP service account.
- Use 'File > Open in server" using the QlikView Desktop and connect to any QVW to pull the assigned license lease to the QlikView Desktop.
- Remove all unsupported items including alternate states, sheet/document triggers, always one selected list/multi box properties from a copy of the QVW and use the copy for reporting purposes. Enable safe macros if requested in the Interactive Services Detection Window.
- Check whether antivirus software on the NPrinting server is set to aggressive.
- For testing, make a copy of the document and remove all charts from every QlikView container within the copied QVW. Confirm if problem persists.
- Do NOT user different versions of the NPrinting designer. They must always be the same version as the NPrinting server. ie: if NP server is 16 SR 4 then all NP designers must also be NP 16 SR 4.
- NOTE: In many cases, upgrading often resolves connection issues if the information in this article is fully address. it is suggested that you upgrade to the most recent version of NPrinting available within your NPrinting Product Track (ie NP 16 track, NP 17+ Track) from the Qlik Support downloads site to leverage any recent bug fixes and performance enhancements. Always check corresponding product release notes before upgrading. (NOTE: it is not possible to 'upgrade' to NP 17+ from the NP 16 platform. in this case 'migration and migration planning' is required see Migrating from NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 17+)
Reference: Nprinting: Unsupported QlikView Document items, System Configurations and other limitationsExclude the following folders from antivirus processing:NP 16
NP 17 +:
Firewall Application and Port ExceptionsNP 16: Firewall
- Ensure that all NSQs are saved with an NPrinting 16 designer are saved in the same version as the NP 16 server.
Check if a firewall is potentially blocking the NPrinting application from processing. Please add 'allow' to the NPrinting applications in your system and network firewall both ways:
NP 17 +: Firewall
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Server\NPrintingSvc.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\NPrinting\Server\NPrintingSvcConfig.exe
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the Qlik NPrinting Server to allow access from web browsers and Qlik NPrinting Designer:
- Additional ports and information under the Help site.
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the Qlik Sense server, and outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engines:
The following port needs to be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Engines in a multi-engine deployment:
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the Qlik NPrinting Scheduler in a multi-engine deployment:
The following port needs to be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines: