Check list to troubleshoot and solve this issue:
- Ensure that all respective product requirements are met. *Not meeting or more of the requirements will cause hanging behavior and connection issues*.
- Create a dedicated NPrinting service account and do not use the QlikView service account to run the NPrinting server services if the QlikView service account is being used in this way.
- Assign a dedicated CAL the NPrinting service account to the NP service account.See Dedicated NPrinting Server & Engine Service Account Configuration
-Log on as the NP service account.
-Use 'File > Open in server" using the QlikView Desktop and connect to any QVW to pull the assigned license lease to the QlikView Desktop.
Port ExceptionsNP 17 +: Firewall
- Remove all unsupported items including alternate states, sheet/document triggers, always one selected list/multi box properties from a copy of the QVW and use the copy for reporting purposes. See Qlik NPrinting: Unsupported QlikView Document items, System Configurations and other limitations
- If you are using Section Access in your QVW or QVF, it must be NTLM section access and the NPrinting service account as well as the identity used in the NPrinting connection should be added to the section access load script as ADMIN access. Further you must use QVP connections when using Section Access. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access.htm
- Enable and check interactive services detection - Enable safe macros if requested in the Interactive Services Detection Window. See How to enable the Interactive Service Detection to troubleshoot NPrinting Server issues and How To Enable Interactive Services Detection
- Check whether antivirus software on the NPrinting server is set to aggressive and make the necessary antivirus exceptions: See Qlik NPrinting Server and Designer Anti Virus Folder Exclusions
- Check that the necessary Ports are managed accordingly (see section below) if you have a network or computer firewalls enabled
- Ensure that the NPrinting and Qlik Sense and or QlikView servers are not running on the same computer. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Supported-unsupported-configurations.htm
- NOTE: In many cases, upgrading often resolves connection issues if the information in this article is first fully addressed. it is suggested that you upgrade to the most recent version of NPrinting available from the Qlik Support downloads site to leverage any recent bug fixes and performance enhancements. Always check corresponding product release notes before upgrading. (NOTE: it is not possible to 'upgrade' to NP 17+ from the NP 16 platform. in this case 'migration and migration planning' is required see Migrating from NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 17+)
- Check the QlikView Server and Qlik Sense server performance. If those servers resources are maxed out/fully utilized ie: CPU and Memory nearing 100 percent usage, NPrinting may fail to open any QVWs or QVFs.
- Check that the QlikView Server and Qlik Sense server services are fully operational and running. Restart these services on a regular basis to mitigate performance issues related to Windows Memory leaking. Rebooting servers on a regular basis is recommended for any Windows Server.
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the Qlik NPrinting Server to allow access from web browsers and Qlik NPrinting Designer:
- Additional ports and information under the Help site.
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the Qlik Sense server, and outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and Qlik NPrinting Engines:
The following port needs to be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Engines in a multi-engine deployment:
The following ports need to be opened inbound on the Qlik NPrinting Scheduler in a multi-engine deployment:
The following port needs to be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines: