Security Rule Changes not reliably applied in 3.1.x on Synced Persistence
Article Number: 000028038 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
There is a known issue in 3.1.x (and likely 3.2.x) that presents when making changes to security rules. Due to caching by the Repository Service when using Synced Persistence, the changes may not reliably take effect and a recycling of services, especially the Repository Service, may be needed.
The cause of this is caching by the Qlik Sense Repository Service. Since it does not present in Shared Persistence, due to the Repository not being in memory as Shared Persistence, then the bug has been closed as won't fix. So the above workarounds are the paths to resolution.
- Restart all services on all nodes
- Stop all services on all nodes
- Open up the Repository.exe.config file in Notepad with administrator rights
- This file is by default in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Repository.exe.config
- In the <appSettings> section add the following key: <add key="EntityCacheEnabled" value="false" />. Like so:
- Be sure to do this on all nodes in the multi-node environment, if applicable.
- Save the file
- Start services on all nodes