Qlik Branch Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Article Number: 000025813 | Last Modified: 2019/05/14
This FAQ provides relevant information about Qlik Branch for users who would like to know more about the tool and understand where to find the resources needed to get started.
What is Qlik Branch?
Who can access it?
- Qlik Branch, launched in 2014, is a meeting place for developers that extend and customize Qlik products. Branch aims to bring together those people that program against Qlik's APIs and the projects they are working upon. Developers can share code, collaborate on projects and publish solutions to the repository. It is available to everyone.
- Qlik Branch is strictly open source, meaning any project found on the site is free to use and further improvements to the code are welcomed/encouraged.
- Branch is also a repository for solutions that users or developers may leverage free of charge, feel free to download and plug them in!
Where can I find it?
How to access it?
- Qlik Branch is open to everyone.
How to provide feedback or report an issue?
- In order to access the Qlik Branch resources, an account must be created. Please note this is a separate account and it is not possible to login with a Qlik ID/Qlik Account. To create a Qlik Branch account, complete the following form.
- Send an email to email@example.com. If reporting an issue, please ensure detailed description is provided and provide any additional information that may be relevant (screenshots, URL, Qlik Branch username).
- Also contact the Author of the Project for further information.