Reports can be sent directly to SSH FTP(SFTP) destinations by NPrinting.Setting this up is a two-step process.
First you need to create an SSH FTP destination and then you need to define that destination as the "output folder" for your Task.
Note: Before following this article, please make sure you can connect and transfer files to SFTP server from the machine where you installed Nprinting by using other 3rd party SFTP client software such as WinSCP.
Please note that this article applies exclusively to NPrinting 16.x.x.x platform only. This is not available in the NPrinting 17+ platform at this time. R&D has not provided a specific timeline for introduction into that NPrinting 17+ platform but will look at the possibility. Possible target is 2021 or later.
Open FTP Window
- Click on the Tools tab in the NPrinting ribbon.
- Click on the Ftp button in the Destination group in the ribbon.
- Click on New SSH FTP
Note: You will not be able to Remove any pre-existing FTP Destinations
of any tasks until you delete them from the tasks.
Create an SSH FTP Destination
- Enter a Name
- Enter a Description (optional)
- Enter Host IP address and Port number
- Enter a Username
- Enter a Password
- Import Private Key File (if necessary)
- If the destination folder of the FTP Host above is also published on the Internet through a web server, the URL can be entered here. The URL can be included in the body of an e-mail message by adding a tag, see: What elements can I add to NPrinting e-mail?
After you have completed the setting:
- Click on Verify connection to see if the connection is configured correctly
- Click on OK to save the FTP destination
Finish Creating SSH FTP Destination
Click on Close
Send Reports to an SSH FTP Destination
- Click on the General tab of a Report Task
- Select the Custom folder radio button under Use
- Open the Type drop-down window and select Ftp destination
- Click on the browse button to the right of the Value text box and select SSH FTP you created.
Save the Task up with SSH FTP Destination
Save and Close
the Report Task
Click on the Run
Possible Need of Intervention
You may receive a security alert from Windows Firewall. In this case, click on Allow access
. Making these selections permanently resolves the issue.
Send to SSH FTP
NPrinting logs show that the report has been copied into the remote SSH FTP destination.