Users open browser on their laptop as usual. But when they try to open Access Point / HUB / QMC, it show errors:
- Server not found
- Can not display this page
- The connection has timed out
- This site can’t be reached
- Can not open QVWs/Apps
- Any other errors
Basically any kind of errors may or may not be included in the list above. What is the first thing to check?
This process can expose lots of basic things that can go wrong. Such as (but not limited to):
- Can't login to the servers: Servers are down?
- Can't login as Service Account: Account was changed?
- Can't find the shortcuts: Wrong account? Qlik products are uninstalled?
- Shortcuts don't work: Services down? Shortcuts have the wrong URL saved within them.
- Shortcuts don't have the same issues: External factors? Network problems?
- Shortcuts do have the same issues: Further investigation is necessary; Try using https://localhost/hub and https://localhost/qmc
Before any further investigation or reaching out to Qlik Support, make sure to try this simple process.
The very first thing to do is:
Important note: in Windows Server machines, IE Enhanced Security Configuration should be turned OFF otherwise Internet Explorer will not work:
- Log into the QlikView / QlikSense server(s) as the Qlik Service Account (preferably using Remote Desktop).
- Locate the automatically created shortcuts for QMC / Access Point (QlikView) or QMC / HUB (Qlik Sense).
- Run them and try to replicate the issues
In addition, you may try accessing the QMC or HUB by using the localhost URL on the Qlik server itself in a browser (Chrome) by using https://localhost/hub and https://localhost/qmc