Qlik DataMarket can be enabled in the Qlik Sense Management Console in the License and tokens section by accepting the terms and conditions.
However, if the server does not have access to DataMarket services over an internet connection, end users will be unable to connect and retrieve data. In these situations, Qlik DataMaket should be disabled to prevent end users from attempting to connect (which results in a timeout after approx. 2 minutes).
To fully disable Qlik DataMarket, see article 000016310. This article has newly updated information for versions Sept 2017 (11.14.x) and newer.
NOTE: We recommend that Qlik Servers access internet. Without internet access, apps may not open (slow to open) or reload, and the Data Load Editor will fail or continuously load.
Disabling Qlik DataMarket by unchecking the "I accept the terms and conditions" checkbox is currently not possible through the Qlik Sense Management Console.
Instead, this should be accomplished by altering the repository database.Disclaimer
: Qlik does not support the direct query or access of the underlying QRS database hosted on PostgreSQL. Any direct changes to the database are done at your own risk!
Remember to complete these steps on all nodes in a multi-node deployment. Best practice when doing this in a multi-node scenario is to shut down the RIM nodes (except the Repository Database) while editing the Central, then completing the changes on the RIM nodes.
Use this Powershell script:https://github.com/Chris-Rice/DisableDataMarket/archive/master.zip
Connecting to the database
- Launch pgAdmin3.exe located in C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin (or 9.6/bin)
- In the File menu, select Add Server... and connect to the local repository using
- Password: <repository password provided during installation>
- Once connected, proceed to Databases > QSR > Schemas > Public > Tables
- Locate the table TermsAcceptances. Right click and select View Data > View All Rows
- Note: If using Sense v11.14.x or older (not relevant to newer versions), then on the row where "ProductLevelinteger" = 75, change "Deleted Boolean" from FALSE to TRUE
PS: you might need to remove/rename/move the datamarket folder in \\SERVERNAME\share\CustomData to another location/folder name