You may receive the following warning in the QlikView Server Event Log when using IIS as the web server:
- Warning Document Load: The document ...qvw failed to load because anonymous access is not allowed
A user may also receive a reconnect dialog in the Ajax client after a period of inactivity, even though it has not been the amount of time configured in the Max Inactive Session Timeout setting in the QlikView Management Console in the QlikView Server settings.
This issue may occur using the Ajax client and IIS as the web server when the Maximum Inactive Session Timeout in QlikView Server is configured to a higher value than the SessionCookieTimeout setting in the web server Config.xml file.
As an example:
- Maximum Inactive Session Timeout: 3600 (Setting is in seconds)
- SessionCookieTimeout: 30 (Setting is in minutes)
Leaving an Ajax client session inactive for more than 30 minutes but less than 60 will result in the above mentioned warning message appearing in the QlikView Server Event log. This is due to the Session Cookie timing out. When the user comes back to their session, the server attempts to reconnect using the expired Session Cookie, and this is where the Warning message regarding Anonymous access not allowed is generated in the QlikView Server Event log. As the cookie is no longer valid, QlikView Server interprets the request as Anonymous at this point. In the background a new Ticket is requested, and the session will recover/reconnect for the user.
To ensure consistency in the environment, do the following:
- Verify the Maximum Inactive Session Timeout value in the QlikView Management Console (pic1).
- Locate the Config.xml file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer (default location in Windows Server 2008 and above operating systems).
- Open Config.xml in an editor such as NotePad or NotePad ++ and ensure the value set for the SessionCookieTimeout (pic2) is set to the same equivalent value of the Maximum Inactive Session Timeout in the QlikView Management Console.
Note the Maximum Inactive Session Timeout is in seconds, whereas the SessionCookieTimeout is in minutes.
1. QlikView Management screenshot:
2. Config.xml screenshot: