When accessing the QlikSense Hub with an iOS device (iPad/iPhone) Apps are not loaded or cannot be opened. HTTPS access is used.
The user tries to open the Qlik Sense Hub on an iOS device (iOS 8 and above) using the address https://servername/hub
In QlikSense 3.x or above the user is successfully logged on to the the HUB, but when attempting to open an App they are presented with an endless loading screen or "Connection to the Qlik Sense engine failed for unspecified reasons
A review of the QlikSense Proxy logs (Folder Trace\ and SERVER_Audit_Proxy) might show SslNoClientValidation
WARN entries. Environment:
Qlik Sense any version
Apple has removed the ability of users to ignore certificate warnings on devices iOS 8 and above. On laptops or desktops you would have the option to ignore the SSL warning, but this option is not possible with iOS devices.
1) Since the "Connection Lost" message or endless "bubble" loading screen are typically indicative of a whitelist problem, be sure that the Domain that the user is accessing the Hub has been whitelisted. See article Error Message "Connection lost" When Connecting To Qlik Sense Hub
for more clarity on this. If users on laptops / desktops do not receive this message then proceed to step 2.
2) Access https://sense-demo.qlik.com/hub
using the iOS device. If this works then proceed to step 3.
- If the demo link does not work, you have a possible browser, network, or internet connectivity issue at the device level.
3) Apple requires an SSL cert from a trusted CA when accessing websites via HTTPS (see http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5012
for a list of providers). You can either acquire a certificate from one of the vetted list of providers or the user(s) can access the Hub using HTTP. For guidance on applying a third party certificate, see article How to change certificate for the Proxy
4) If no certificate from a trusted CA can be acquired, it will be necessary to install the current one. See Apple and it's Apple Configurator