Please run the ServerStat BAT file attached here. It will generate a text file that is placed on the same location where the .bat file was run from.
Note: If logged in to the Support Portal, the files can be downloaded directly from this article. Environment:
The attached batch file can be used to answer following questions at one shot:
- What is OS version?
- Is Firewall turned on/off?
- Is XXX service running?
- Is port XX listened by the correct process?
- What is running on the server?
- Is there Anti-Virus software running in the background?
- What is service account?
- Is the service account in the correct groups?
- Does the server have enough disk space?
- What's the make / model of this server box?
- What's the hostname / IP address of this server?
- Is this a VM or a physical server?
- Is this server part of a domain?
- What KB patches have been installed?
- What software have been installed and installation date?
- What are Qlik products' versions?
- What host name was used during installation of Qlik Sense?
- What is current LEF info on this system?
- What is Proxy settings on this machine?
- Is IIS running on this machine?
- What is Security Policies applied?
- What is Local Policies applied?
- Retrieve hosts file
- Retrieve list of installed certificate
- Retrieve Log ON Account
- Retrieve Service List
- Check Mapping drive
- Retrieve postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf
- Show Power Plan
- Show FIPS status
- Show Qlik Sense Service Recovery settings
- Show Windows Scheduled Tasks and next execute time.
- Show all installed printers.
- Show .NET Framework version
- Show "ServicesPipeTimeout" value from Registry
- Show BitLocker status
Please run as Administrator, otherwise the following will be printed:
If the bat file can not be downloaded, then please down load the attachment 2 then rename it into .BAT file.