This article provides steps to resolve the error message "Failed to authenticate against the selected server. Please make sure your internet connection is working and try again." upon log in to Qlik Sense Desktop using Qlik Account.
Environment or Network-related: When a user authenticates with Qlik ID, the error "Server Authentication attempt failed" usually comes from a Proxy or VPN related issue from the user side.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Check if you are able to login at Qlik.com using your Qlik Account
- Uninstall the current Qlik Sense Desktop version and then install the latest version
- If the same error is encountered even with the latest version of Qlik Sense Desktop, check if a Proxy is used to access the internet. This can be verified by going to:
- Control Panel
- Network & Internet
- Internet Options
- Tab Connections
- LAN settings
- If a Proxy is used, un-tick the box under Proxy Server and log in to Qlik Sense Desktop.
- Verify that the user is not using a VPN connection. If so, the connection will likely fail.
- If proxy cannot be bypassed:
- Alternative 1: Contact internal IT and advise not to filter https://qlikid.qlik.com, https://qlik.com, https://qlik.auth0.com and https://qlikcloud.com in the proxy settings
- Alternative 2: Use a private internet connection or a private computer. In using a private computer, with a private (non-company) internet connection, with the Proxy settings disabled as noted above, this is the best test in diagnosing the issue.