QlikView Server VirtualizationArticle Number: 000003755 | Last Modified: 2019/04/11
- Evaluate what BIOS / UEFI settings provide best performance; BIOS settings for Best Performance of QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher
- Evaluate what hypervisor (virtual machine monitor) settings provide best performance
- Beware vertical scalability limitations of ESX v3.5
- Memory management such as Transparent Page Sharing and Memory Ballooning may cause instability in the guest system and should be avoided. It's recommended to configure the virtual machine to use static memory allocation.
- Dedicated Resource Pool is required for optimal performance
- Useful for Change Control Environments and Disaster Recovery. Discouraged in Production
- Virtual environments are slower compared to physical computer due to overhead of the hypervisor used
- Validate that production applications perform as expected
- Acceptable applications performance on user interaction
- Compare performance if application is run on a non-virtual server
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.