Qlik NPrinting Engine Installation Fails with 0x80070001 Incorrect Function
Article Number: 000080199 | Last Modified: 2019/10/09
When attempting to install the Qlik NPrinting Engine component it fails with the following error message:
0x80070001 Incorrect Function
When looking at the following Installation log:
The below error is being displayed:
CAQuietExec64: Installing certificates...
CAQuietExec64: Unhandled Exception: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Access is denied.
CAQuietExec64: at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Store.RemoveCertificateFromStore(SafeCertStoreHandle safeCertStoreHandle, SafeCertContextHandle safeCertContext)
CAQuietExec64: at Qlik.NPrinting.LocalhostCertificateGenerator.Cert.DeleteCACertificate() in C:\Jws\release-19.19.x-NOvyT9XXE\server\NPrinting\src\LocalhostCertificateGenerator\Cert.cs:line 61
CAQuietExec64: at Qlik.NPrinting.LocalhostCertificateGenerator.Cert.InstallLocalhostCertificate() in C:\Jws\release-19.19.x-NOvyT9XXE\server\NPrinting\src\LocalhostCertificateGenerator\Cert.cs:line 19
CAQuietExec64: at Qlik.NPrinting.LocalhostCertificateGenerator.Starter.Main(String args) in C:\Jws\release-19.19.x-NOvyT9XXE\server\NPrinting\src\LocalhostCertificateGenerator\Starter.cs:line 35
CAQuietExec64: Error 0xe0434352: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec64: Error 0xe0434352: QuietExec64 Failed
CAQuietExec64: Error 0xe0434352: Failed in ExecCommon64 method
CustomAction InstallLocalhostCertificate returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
Action ended 14:10:58: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Qlik NPrinting April 2019
Qlik NPrinting June 2019
- This is possibly caused by the NP installer which is unable to remove the Certificates of the user in which NPrinting was previously installed with.
- In some environments Group Policies may prevent automated or manual deletion of certificates.
! Information provided on this defect is given as is at the time of documenting. For up to date information, please review the most recent Release Notes, or contact support at support.qlik.com with the ID OP-8771 for reference.
- Open "Manage computer certificates" from the Windows search bar
- Go to Trusted root Certification Authorities then delete the certificate NPrinting-CA
- Delete the NP engine in the NP engine manager under Admin>Engine manager in the NPrinting Web Console.
- Next, reinstall the NPrinting Engine software (type/document the certificate password used as you will need it in the next step
- Add a new NP engine in the NP engine manager under Admin>Engine manager in the NPrinting Web Console (insert certificate password when prompted)
- The NPrinting Engine installer should now run as expected
- Note that if you are unable to delete the certificate as a windows administrative user account, please contact your network group domain administrator because it is likely that a Group Policy has been configured to prevent manual deletion of certificates.