NPrinting API Setup RequirementsArticle Number: 000059611 | Last Modified: 2019/10/04
- The Rest Connector 2.11 resolves a software defect that was discovered in version v2.10
- Ensure the Qlik rest connector equal or greater than v1.3 but lower than Rest Connector v2.10 is installed on the computer that you are running the QVW reload from. Otherwise download and install 2.11 version (or higher) of the Rest Connector
- Upgrade to QS February 2019 Patch 4, QS April 2019 Release or higher for Qlik Sense related issues
- NOTE: The version of QlikView that you are using must be compatible with this connector. Copy pasting newer versions of the rest connector may not work.
- You must use the respective QlikView or Qlik Sense Server installation program to install the rest connector correctly.
- QlikView: The file can be verified at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvRestConnector" and right click the QvRestConnector.exe and check the details tab for the rest connector version
- Qlik Sense: The file can be verified at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector" right click the QvRestConnector.exe and check the details tab for the rest connector version
- Ensure that NPrinting February 2018 or higher is installed
- Ensure that you inserted valid rest GET and POST connection strings into your load script. See attached R&D article for details
- Qlik Sense February 2018 or higher must be installed
- NPrinting February 2018 or higher must be installed
- Valid rest GET and POST connections must be inserted into your load script. See attached R&D article for details
- In the NPrinting Web Console under 'Admin'>'Users', check the "domain account" field and ensure you have a windows domain user account mapped to NPrinting User user account for use with NPrinting API's. This NP account must have also have the NPrinting 'Administrator' role assigned to it.
- The domain account that is setup in the previous point must also be used for the respective GET and POST connection configurations
- In order to accept POST calls from the Sense server, you MUST add the Qlik Sense and or QlikView server hostname address among the NPrinting Trusted Origins.
- The host name format in the NPrinting 'Trusted Origins' should be the same format as the proxy address used in setting up NPrinting connections to Qlik Sense apps
- Rest Compatibility with QV and QS can be found here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/REST-connector.htm
- See section - "Adding the QlikView Server as a trusted origin".
- NOTE: the same steps apply to adding a Qlik Sense server as an NPrinting Trusted Origin in order to allow NPrinting API's to function normally
Extending NPrinting via NPrinting API's
NOTE: *Please log in to retrieve the files attached with this article*
AttachmentsNP API Rest Connector and API Config.pdf
QVF sample with API code inserted
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.