NPrinting 17 - How to Change Repository Database PasswordArticle Number: 000040742 | Last Modified: 2018/12/20
In order to change the NPrinting repository database password please follow these steps:
**As best practice, first take a backup of the database: https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000032251
Part 1 - Database
- Open Windows Services.msc and stop all NPrinting services except QlikNprintnigRepoService
- Browse to folder C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin and launch pgAdmin3.exe.
- For Nprinting 18 or higher, go to "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\pgAdmin 4\bin" and launch pgamdmin4.exe
- Click Add a connection to a server
- Use the following details in New Server Registration
Maintenance DB: postgres (select from pull down)
Password: The password that you entered during installation
- Once connected, select Nprinting then go to File > Change Password...
- Enter your old password and new password (x2) as requested
Part 2 - NPrinting
- Open Windows Services.msc and stop the QlikNprintnigRepoService as well
- Update the "pg-password" key value stored in these 2 config files to the new password:
- Start all NPrinting services
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.