Operation Monitor and License Monitor apps in Qlik Sense 3.0 failed to reload with error message;"Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0."Environment:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise all versions
Operations Monitor and License Monitor apps use the Qlik REST Connector to fetch data. The connector requires Windows Authentication to be successful in fetching data. This issue occurs when no virtual proxy in the Qlik Sense deployment utilizes Windows authentication.
Check your connection string for data connections for monitor_apps_* if they show queryHeaders=X-Qlik-XrfKey%20000000000000000%1User-Agent%2Windows
;PaginationType=None;" at the end. If it shows User-Agent%2Forms please change it to User-Agent%2Windows.
The issue can be resolved by enabling Windows Authentication for example by adding a secondary virtual proxy using Windows authentication.
- Create a secondary virtual proxy and use standard windows authentication. In this example "win" is used as prefix, but this prefix can be any text value.
- Attach it to an Engine, as you normally would for a Virtual Proxy:
- Ensure that the newly created Virtual Proxy is attached to a Proxy, so that there is a proxy listening for requests that come to https://example.company.com/win/:
Qlik Help for Monitor App Troubleshooting
- For Qlik Sense 3.2.5 and older, edit all Data Connections prefixed with qrs_ to use the new virtual proxy. Change the connector URL path to contain the Windows authenticated virtual proxy.
- For Qlik Sense June 2017 and newer, edit all Data Connections prefixed with monitor_apps_ to use the new virtual proxy. Change the connector URL path to contain the Windows authenticated virtual proxy.
is updated in later releases to cover this scenario.