Microsoft Office 365 is not listed in the Software Requirements for Nprinting Designer on the public documentation. Is it supported, and are there any issues or incompatibilities?Environments
- Nprinting Versions up to April 2019. only Local Installations of supported versions of MS office may be used with NPrinting. (Office 365 not supported).
- From June 2019 NPrinting both local installations of MS Office and 'Click to Run' technology is supported
- NOTE: Cloud/Online versions of Office 365 are not supported with any version of NPrinting
On prior to June 2019 versions:
- The click-to-run version Microsoft Office 365 is not supported in Nprinting Designer for creating reports. You MUST install a local/standalone copy of a supported version of MS Office or install supported versions of MS Office locally. See How to install Office 365 locally.
- You can verify the local installation by checking if the according Office folder exists on the local machine, for example "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16". Officially the following Office versions ( 32-bit and 64-bit architectures) are supported: 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Correct version of Office 365 pro plus will appear as below in your programs and features:(NPrinting June 2019 and later releases supported only with this version).
- Any cloud based Office product will not work as expected. Office must be installed locally as mentioned above.
- 'click-to-run' is simply a Microsoft method of deploying office locally
Click-to-Run is a streaming and virtualization technology that is designed to significantly reduce the time that is required to download and use Office client products. Streaming allows users to begin to use a Click-to-Run product before the complete product is downloaded. Click-to-Run for Office 365 products are based on core virtualization and streaming Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) technologies. Click-to-Run resources run in an isolated virtual environment on the local operating system.
Click-to-Run is an alternative to the traditional Windows Installer-based (MSI) method of installing and updating Office. If you install Office by using MSI, you have to wait until the whole Office product is installed before you can open and start to use the product. But with the streaming capabilities in Click-to-Run, you can open and start to use the product before the whole product is installed. While you are using the product, the rest of the product is being downloaded in the background. If you try to use a feature that is not yet downloaded and installed, Click-to-Run immediately downloads and installs that feature. This streaming capability resembles how you watch videos from the Internet. You can start to watch the first part of the video before the whole video downloads to your computer.Reference
: NPriniting with Click-to-Run for Office 365
Support for Office 365 was introduced in Qlik NPrinting June 2019.
- If you need to use Office 365 and click-to-run, please upgrade to the latest version of NPrinting available