How to get LDAP filters for Active Directory groups from users already in Qlik SenseArticle Number: 000028960 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
1. Make sure that you, Qlik Sense administrator, is a member of your target Active Directory groups.
2. Make sure that you, Qlik Sense administrator, is an existing user in Qlik Sense.
3. User directory connector (UDC) for Active Directory is created
4. The User Sync task for your UDC is Successfully synced
1. Download, unzip and run the script with PowerSchell (Right-click > Run with PowerShell)
2. Select the installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense)
3. Enter Repository password if needed.
4. Output <date>-<hostname>-GroupLDAPfilter.txt will be generated.
Commonly used LDAP syntax for a filter is to "OR" 2 elements together with the "|" character (called the pipe character):
(|( element 1 )( element 2 ))
(|( memberOf=<group 1> )( memberOf=<group 2> ))
How to Filter Active Directory to Sync Qlik Sense Users
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.