Getting information on the hardware configuration of a QlikView system can be vital to understanding a problem. While QlikView gathers some information on it own, there are details it does not capture.
Microsoft has included a tool with Windows to do precisely that, gather system information and save it in a format that lets it be analysed by Qlik Support.
- Go to Windows Start menu > Run...
- Enter msinfo32 and press OK
- System Information application starts, which shows the entire hardware configuration of your QlikView system.
- Go to File > Save
- Select a location and name the .NFO file the same as the server name. Ensure to use .NFO as the file format, since it's the easier one to import and analyze.
- Attach the .NFO file to the support case to help Qlik Support troubleshoot the QlikView system more efficiently