How To Connect To And Modify The PostgreSQL Database Used For Qlik Sense RepositoryArticle Number: 000013631 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
WARNING: Always have a backup of the underlying PostgreSQL database prior to performing any direct modifications of the database. Refer to the pg_dump portion on https://help.qlik.com for the commands to perform a backup.
WARNING: Manual modification of Qlik Sense Repository Database is not supported and can cause product failure. Direct modification should be done in consultation with Qlik Support and only as a last resort. The database within Qlik Central node is for use by the Qlik Application alone.
- Stop all services except the Qlik Sense Repository Database
- Run pgAdmin3.exe from the Program Files path for Qlik Sense (by default C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin)
- Click the power plug button on the top manual bar and enter the following information
Name - QSR (this is arbitrary)
Server - localhost
Port - 4432 (not the default of 5432)
User Name - postgres
Password - the password that you provided on installation.
- Press Ok and expend to view the connected database
- If you need to run a query then click on the query icon, highlighted below
If you are making edits to the underlying database in a multi-node deployment then complete these steps as well as having backups:
- Stop all services on all nodes
- Make the same edits to all nodes
- On the Central node: create a blank file named _operation.qrs in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Transaction Logs. This will simulate an abnormal shutdown and force the Central to attempt to resync with the RIM nodes
- Start services on the Central to verify that everything works as expected
- Start services on the RIM(s)
More details please refer to online manual:
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.