How To Configure Tunneling Using Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)Article Number: 000002543 | Last Modified: 2019/06/28
- QlikView 10: QlikView Web Server
- QlikView 11+: QlikView Settings Service
- QlikView 12+: QlikView Settings Service
- Microsoft IIS: The QVSTunnel.dll file must be added as an ISAPI filter
Restrictions and limitations
- Tunneling will not function properly with a clustered QlikView Server setup. Tunneling can only address one server node, not a cluster.
- Tunneling adds overhead to the data transfer, which may result in a slower connection. It is recommended to use Full browser version (AJAX) client if possible instead of tunneling.
- QlikView 10 and later
- Go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server
- Search for folder called QvTunnel
- Confirm that QvsTunnel.dll is in the QvTunnel folder
- If the QvsTunnel.DLL exists, continue on step 16
- Go to Programs and Features in Windows,
Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features
- Highlight QlikView Server in the program list
- Click Change to start the installer
- On the Program Maintenance dialog select Modify and click Next
- Expand Microsoft IIS Support
- Expand the QlikView Tunnel ISAPI dll drop down
- Select “This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive”.
- Click Next
- Fill in QlikView Server logon information.
- Click Next
- Click Install to start installation
- Open the Internet Information Services Manager
- Select the IIS top node
- Open the ISAPI and CGI Restrictions
- Choose Add in the Actions pane
- Set the ISAPI or CGI path to point to the QvsTunnel.dll
- Define a description for the restruction
- Check Allow extension path to execute
- Open the site that should host the QlikView Server/Publisher pages
- Click on Scripts
- Open the Handler Mappings dialog
- Locate the ISAPI-dll
- Choose Edit Features Permission in the Actions pane
- Check Execute in the dialog that opens
- If IIS and QlikView Server are on separate machines, then the following registry keys must be created upon the web server, as this tells the webserver how to forward the traffic to the QlikView Server:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikTunnel] (Key entry for QlikTunnel)
"QVSPort"=dword:000012a6 (dword entry if 32bit install and qword entry if 64bit install) and "QVSServer"="QvsHost" (String Value entry and QvsHost is the actual QlikView Server machine name)
- Open a web browser and browse to http://localhost/scripts/qvstunnel.dll?test
- If everything is installed correctly a message like below will appear.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.