From QlikView November 2018 SR 1 and up, a new Shared File Cleaning option was introduced, which allows for bookmarks to be removed based on their last modified time. This works for both .shared files and .tshared files.
See the QlikView November 2018 SR 1 Release Notes
for ID QV-15834.
The new parameter format:
For instructions on how to use the QlikView Shared File Cleaning tool, please refer to Shared Files - Verification and Cleaning
QlikView November 2018 SR 1 and up
Follow the instructions as outlined in Shared Files - Verification and Cleaning
, using the following command example:
'QVS.exe -x "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\SERVERSIDEEXPORT.QVW.Shared" -p -BM:max_days 1 -skchID -f orig`
This will will remove all bookmarks whose LastModified time is earlier than 1 day ago.
- `-x` : run in Shared File Cleaning Mode
- `-p` : purge Mode, will write result into new file
- `-BM:max_days 1` : remove all bookmarks which hasn't been modified since 1 day ago in Purge Mode;
- `-skchID` : skip checking Shared Objects' Id format (for backwards compatibility)
- `-f orig` : save result using original Shared File format (.Shared). `-f same` will keep same format as input; `-f tx` will save as '.TShared' format.
- `-BM:LastRecallDays [TimeoutDays]` : newly added parameter, remove bookmarks which haven't been recalled for [TimeoutDays]
- `LastModifyDays` : is same as `max_days` last time, just changed to clearer name;
- here is an example:
- -x "test.QVW.Shared" -p -BM:LastModifyDays 90 -BM:LastRecallDays 30 -skchID -f same
- Add a new parameter `-BM:FilterMode [and|or|xor]` to control bookmarks filter connection mode, if not specified `OR` is set by default;
- an example is: -x "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\SERVERSIDEEXPORT.QVW.TShared" -p -BM:LastModifyDays 100 -BM:LastRecallDays 1 -BM:FilterMode AND -skchID -f tx
Logs for the cleaning tool can be find as `CleanTool*.log` besides EventLog under Server's log folder (like "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\CleaningTool_AUSYD-JZS1.log")