There is a SameSite attribute that seems to be causing some trouble when working with mashups. The error seen in Chrome is:
"A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at ....[URL]... was set without the `SameSite` attribute. It has been blocked, as Chrome now only delivers cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with `SameSite=None` and `Secure`. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592 and https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032.
Even though this comes from the Chrome console, other browsers as Mozilla and Edge are also displaying similar warnings. Is there a way around this error?
Also see Community post Cross-Site requests with cookies without the SameSite attribute are being blocked by Google ChromeEnvironment:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, November 2019
- QlikView Server, April 2019
- NOTE: This issue does not impact NPrinting and no NPrinting patches are required
This is a new CORS security standard/feature that browsers are now enforcing, or beginning to enforce as developers begin to opt in. More information is available here https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5088147346030592
and here https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5633521622188032
as the above error mentions.Product Defect ID(s):
- For now, the SameSite security feature is not being enforced by default. If you are using Chrome versions 79 and below, the default setting for SameSite is "default", which is equivalent to "disabled". You can check it here chrome://flags/#same-site-by-default-cookies. In Chrome versions 80 and newer, "default" will be equivalent to "enabled", which enforces this security setting and will require an update to Qlik Sense to prevent requests from being blocked. Until an update is provided, a temporarily workaround would be to change the SameSite setting to "disabled".
- Edit the domain policy for where a list of specific domains are allowed for the legacy SameSite behavior to be used. See Cookie Legacy SameSite Policies.
- Qlik will have official patches available on the patch Wednesdays delivery – Feb 12th 2020.
- Licensee patches will be available on demand as of Feb 3rd 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fix does have some limitations, bugs in older browsers can cause the following:
|Chrome 51-66 |
Android releases before 12.13.2
|SameSite=None cookies are rejected||External mashups will not work|
|Safari on MacOS 10.14|
All browsers on iOS 12
|SameSite=None is treated as SameSite=Strict|