Some QlikView images are not resized correctly. NPrinting does not show the image completely: it is cropped or distorted.
This may affect only some images, generally the largest and only with QlikView 12.20 sr 7 and higher releases
- NPrinting 18 September and higher releases
The problem is due to a change in NPrinting 18 September and to some changes in QlikView 12.20 sr 7 and higher releases.
In the more recent releases, the image is resized in QlikView before it is imported in the report. It is possible that the resize does not work as expected: instead of showing the entire image just scaled down, QlikView may crop it.
The NPrinting development team is working on a complete solution (OP-9048), but we don't have a release date for it.
A possible workaround is to force NPrinting to manage the image resizing as in the old versions. Please, follow these steps:
- Stop the NPrinting Engine service
- Go to "C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\NPrinting\Engine" on the machine where NPrinting Engine is installed
- Open the "QlikView.config" file with a text editor
- Find the tag "<!-- <useAdvancedImageExport value="true" /> -->"
- Uncomment it by removing "<!--" and "-->"
- Change the value from "true" to "false"
- Save the file. Be sure that it is saved in .config format and not .config.txt
- Restart the Engine service
This process must be followed on all the machines in case you have multiple Engines.