Locked out of Qlik Cloud Services? In some instances, it will be required to recover your Qlik Cloud Services instance due to a change in your IDP configuration. The following is required:
- Access to the original tenant setup email recipient's account
- Qlik Support and Site Reliability Engineering do not have access to configuration options available to the tenant admin. Additionally, we will not be able to easily identify the original admin. Please make sure you have this information before attempting recovery or making changes.
- IDP configuration information that has changed:
- OpenID configuration (Auth0)/ OpenID Connect metadata URI (Okta): This is the URL to the endpoint that provides configuration information for the OAuth clients to interface with the IdP using the OpenID Connectprotocol.
- Client ID (only for interactive): ID of the configured client at the IdP for interactive user authentication.
- Client secret (only for interactive): Secret for the client configured at the IdP.
- Realm (optional): Name to associate with the IdP. This is the same as the domain name in Windows and it is used for naming consistency in multi-cloud.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services, June Release
- Qlik Sense for Business