Silent Upgrade of RIM node(s) from February 2019 to April 2019 fails with error "CAQuietExec: The service name is invalid." seen in ServiceDispatcher install logs.
Looking at the ServiceDispather and Postgres install logs, the the following is registered:...
MSI (s) (24:CC) [01:11:52:189]: Generating random cookie.
MSI (s) (24:CC) [01:11:52:189]: Created Custom Action Server with PID 1052 (0x41C).
MSI (s) (24:88) [01:11:52:267]: Running as a service.
MSI (s) (24:88) [01:11:52:283]: Hello, I'm your 32bit Elevated Non-remapped custom action server.
CAQuietExec: Entering CAQuietExec in C:\Windows\Installer\MSID6E3.tmp, version 3.11.2318.0
CAQuietExec: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\net.exe" start "QlikSenseRepositoryDatabase"
CAQuietExec: The service name is invalid.
CAQuietExec: More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070002: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070002: QuietExec Failed
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070002: Failed in ExecCommon method
MSI (s) (24:9C) [01:11:52:408]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=CA_SetupADS,Description=Configuring App Distribution Service,Template=Configuring App Distribution Service)
CustomAction CA_StartDatabase returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking
MSI (s) (24:9C) [01:11:52:408]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=CA_SetupADS,ActionType=11265,Source=BinaryData,Target=**********,CustomActionData=**********)
MSI (s) (24:50) [01:11:52:408]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSID7CE.tmp, Entrypoint: CAQuietExec
CAQuietExec: Entering CAQuietExec in C:\Windows\Installer\MSID7CE.tmp, version 3.11.2318.0
CAQuietExec: "C:\Windows\system32\\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" -NoLogo -NonInteractive
- Qlik Sense Enteprise April 2019
Root cause may consist of restrictions in the environment preventing service account credentials, share folder UNC path, and/or server name validation during the installation.
1. First confirm if in the command prompt, typing "powershell" command works. If this fails see Sense failing to upgrade to June 2018 due to service dispatcher
2. Uninstall all Qlik Sense services
3. Restart the machine
4. Removed/Rename left over installation of Qlik Sense in Program Files and the Sense PostgresSQL (i.e 9.3, 9.7, or 9.6) folders. (if present)
5. Remove/Rename the Qlik folder under c:\ProgramData
6. Deleted the old Sense Services and QSMR databases (if applicable)
7. Reinstall Qlik Sense using the the silent install switch "" . See Silent Installation for more information.