How to purge NPrinting Connections:
- Save the existing NPrinting connection path(s) to a word document or text file
- Rename the stuck connection paths to ensure they are invalid and save the connection. This will begin the process of forced purging of the NPrinting connection.
ie: qvp:\\myqlikviewserver\myqvw.qvw to qvp:\\myqlikviewserver\myqvwXYZ.qvw
- Stop all NPrinting services
- Open Task Manager and "kill" or "End Task" any remaining qv.exe or reporting_web_renderer.exe processes
- Start all NPrinting services and wait a few moments for the services to start and to allow the connections to purge and fail.
- Update the NP Connections with the original correct connection paths
- Regenerate/reload the purged/failed NPrinting metadata connections.
- Check that the Task Execution status is 'Failed'. If not, attempt to 'abort' the task execution once again. This manual purge should remove any open internal requests in the NPrinting scheduler service and allow the 'abort' button to work as expected going forward
: To mitigate this issue in the future, it is suggested to upgrade to the most recent version of NPrinting (NPrinting 2019 April Release or higher versions) to leverage bug fixes regarding this issue