Bookmarks with "Include layout state" do not maintain the column order in Straight table
Article Number: 000075700 | Last Modified: 2019/05/28
To replicate the problem:
- Change the column order on a table and create a bookmark flagging the "Include layout state" option.
- The column order should be maintained by the bookmark, as it is stated here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Add%20Bookmark.htm in the "Include layout state" description.
- Open the QVW in a new browser session and apply the bookmark. The column sort order remains the same.
- QlikView 12.20 all releases
- QlikView 12.30 all releases
- QlikView 12.40
This problem is due to a limitation in the "Include layout state" option in Bookmarks very similar to the one we have for Pivot tables.
This limitation is not yet documented in the Help page (QlikView 12.30 sr 2) but a description of it will be added as soon as possible (bug HLP-5214).
It is a limitation, so it is considered as a working as design.
A workaround can be the same suggested for Pivot tables:create a document bookmark in the document clear state with the original layout of the table.