QlikView Desktop, properties dialog box appears frozen
Article Number: 000073289 | Last Modified: 2019/05/24
QlikView all Versions
A QlikView Desktop property dialog box can appear frozen after choosing to edit an expression. This could lead you to think the application and dialog box has crashed, but it has not.
The Secondary "Edit expression" dialog box could be hidden off the visible screen. Since the the Primary object properties dialog is running beneath it, it could appear frozen as well as the Desktop application.
You might notice this after recently doing the following:
- You've been using QlikView desktop and switching down from higher resolutions,
- Changing Windows DPI settings in combination with changing to different screen resolutions,
- Connecting to external screens projectors etc..
As with all Windows applications. The Windows operating system will save the last known screen co-ordinates of an application or dialog box. The next time the application or same dialog box is opened it can try to load the last known screen co-ordinates, this can result in the dialog box being loaded off screen or incorrectly to screen that was previously connected.
Whilst experiencing the issue of a "frozen" properties dialog box try the following steps by resetting the location of all currently open Application windows/dialogs:
- Right-click on your Windows Operating System taskbar
- Select either "cascade windows" , "show windows stacked" or "show windows side by side"
This will reset all open windows and hopefully make the missing dialog box visible on screen.