Qlik Sense Enterprise any version
in QMC, The parameter 'Cores to allocate' (this engine) is greyed out.
Cores cannot be allocated/distributed freely.
Important Note: The QMC settings for node allocation are only available when you have a capacity-based license!
The Capacity-based licensing property group contains the properties for controlling the distribution of CPU cores in the Qlik Sense system.
With this license, you can optimize your system and balance load by configuring the number of cores to use on a CPU.
The parameter 'Cores to allocate' (this engine) is the only parameter that can be changed. By default, the value is 256.
You can enter a larger number than specified by the license, but you will still only be able to use the number of cores that the license specifies.Properties
Distribution of core engines
- Available cores (from license): Total number of cores that is available for allocation. Specified by the license.
- Active cores (this engine): Number of cores that is active on this engine.
- Cores allocated (all engines): Total number of cores that have been allocated for all engines.
- Cores to allocate (this engine): Number of cores to be allocated for the currently selected engine. You can enter a larger number than specified by the license, but you will still only be able to use the number of cores that the license specifies.
By default, the engine cores are evenly distributed on the nodes within the site.
- If the number of cores available via the license is uneven in relation to the number of nodes in the site, the extra cores are distributed to the Central node. Example: Four cores distributed on two nodes
- The default distribution of four cores on two nodes is two cores on the Central node and two cores on the Rim node. Example: Eight cores distributed on three nodes
- The default distribution of eight cores on three nodes is two cores on Rim node A, two cores on Rim node B and four cores on the Central node.
After completing the installation and applying the license cores are distributed evenly by default between all the servers.