New Engine Certificate Installation Process and Resolving NP Engine OfflineArticle Number: 000059277 | Last Modified: 2019/10/03
- This article contains a video showing the steps to installing the NPrinting Server>Admin>Engine manager and the new NPrinting Engine certificate steps during the Engine Install process.
- When installing the NP Engine software, ensure to carefully document the certificate password used as it will be needed again when configuring the updated Engine in the NP web console/Engine Manager interface
- You will also need to insert the Engine certificate password for the Engine in Admin>Engine Manager and click Save.
- Once the steps in the video below are completed, the NP Engine Status will return to 'Online'
- If firewall is in use, the following port needs to be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines: 4997. See Reference following for port configuration details https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2018/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm
! If the Engine remains offline,
- uninstall the NP Engine Software again,
- avoid use of '=' or ';' in the certificate and NP service account password See NPrinting engine installation failed - Service account password starting with "=" or containing ";"
- reinstall the NP Engine software while considering the points above
- delete the corresponding Engine from the Engine Manager in the NP web console ( this is required as per "known issues and limitations' found in the NPrinting product release notes).
- re-add the engine in the NPrinting Engine Manager
- click the send certificate password button
- Engine should now come online
Environments this article applies to:
- November 2018 and higher release versions of NPrinting only
See Video for General Installation/Configuration Details.
What has changed?
- A new certificate process which secures communication between the NPrinting server and the NPrinting Engine has bee added as of the November 2018 release of NPrinting and newer versions
- New port exemption required: port 4997 needs to be opened outbound on Qlik NPrinting Server and inbound on all Qlik NPrinting Engines
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.