Wen using container, upgrading may affect the Box tab. Box tab size
could be reduced "cutting off text"
or simply the text could be "truncated"
Resizing the container could display the whole text but would affect other objects of the same sheet.
Thus, resizing is not a "recommended solution". Creating new object & container may not work as well (see attached QVW)
- Box tab in container (ex version Qv12.00.20400)
- Box tab after upgrading to ex: QV12.20.20800 or Qv12.30.20000
- Qlikview 12.10 & QlikView 12.20
- Qlikview 12.30
This a known issue (see bug QV-15832
This bug was close as WAD- Working as designed due to intentional design change.
As a workaround please add the parameter "NavigationAreaSizedOnlyByLabels=1
" in the settings.ini
--------------------------On Qlikview Server
- If using the IE-plug-in, please ensure that the local settings.ini file has the workaround parameter added there as well.
- What happens when using "NavigationAreaSizedOnlyByLabels=1"?
The setting affects the size of the navigation area of the containers. It was introduced for reverting to the old behavior, after a fix that solved an issue where customers complained about resizing containers. The navigation area covered a too big area in a container that was downsized. The new pragmatic new approach was to let the navigation area cover up to 20 % of the container.