How to assign or remove a Named (User) CAL to or from a specific user.
Information about CALs: Everything there is to know about QlikView and its licenses and CALsEnvironment:
- QlikView Server any version
Add a Named CAL
Login to the QlikView Management Console (QMC)
as a QlikView Administrator.2
. Navigate to System
> QlikView Server QVS@yourserver
> Client Access Licenses (CALs)
> Assigned CALs3.
To begin assigning a user click the user management icon 4.
Search for the user in the available search field. 5.
Select the user in the list6.
Click Add >
Confirm with OK
Press Apply to confirm the changes.
Remove an assigned Named CAL
- Removing any used Named CAL (User or Document), will begin a 7 day* quarantine period, during which the CAL cannot be assigned to a new user.
* 24 hours for older version of QlikView, such as 11.20 and prior.
- Removing an unused Named CAL (User or Document), the CAL assignment is immediately deleted.
- Users returning after having their CAL revoked will automatically be assigned any other type of available CAL, such as a Document CAL, Session CAL, or Usage CAL. The quarantine period will not be reset.
Next to the User record from which a CAL needs to be removed, press red X
. The blue arrow
indicates that the CAL is now marked for deletion, but the action can still be undone by clicking the arrow.2.
to confirm deletion.*
CALs that were previously used [Last Used (UTC)
] now have a Quarantined Until (UTC)
timestamp. The action can still be undone.*
CALs that were previously unused have been cleared and can now be reassigned. This action cannot be undone.