Wrong field name is brought in for KML fileArticle Number: 000058021 | Last Modified: 2019/03/15
The fields brought in with the file are limited to Name, Line, Area and Point but the field brought in for the name can be changed with the following steps:
1. Download and install Q-GIS (open source software).
2. Once installed, Open Q-GIS desktop.
3. Unzip the folder of GIS data you have downloaded in section above (be sure to unzip to a folder of the same name as you will need to drag it as a folder in the next step)
4. Drag the folder into the Q-GIS window, it will ask you which layers you want to extract so click ‘Select All’ as we will be able to browse which boundaries we would like. Then click OK.
5. Now save this adjusted file. Navigate to Layer > Save As… on the top menu bar. A menu window will appear.
- Ensure the format is Keyhole Markup Language [KML], change this if it is not.
- Browse to the folder and enter the file name you will save the file as
- In the [NameField] option of Datasource Options enter the name of the field identified in step 9, in this example NAME_2.
- Click OK to save your KML file.
For more information, please see the following Community post: Country Administrative Boundary KML shape / area files from open source GIS data.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.