QlikView Desktop client keeps reconnecting to server when using "Open URL"Article Number: 000057985 | Last Modified: 2018/10/18
This issue happens when using "Open URL" in the QlikView Desktop client to connect to the Access Point. The issue does not happen in the plugin or if using QlikView Desktop to connect directly to the document with "Open in Server"
If the user leaves his/her desk or leaves the program in the background, after coming back to it after a while, the session has timed out. When trying to reopen the document from the Access Point, the desktop client keeps reloading the document. The client's window keeps blinking and no action is possible.
This results in:
- a high number of sessions opened in the server
- the desktop client using all the resources on the local computer, until it crashes, or, in the worst scenario, the user is forced to reboot
QlikView Desktop, any
We recommend using a browser and AJAX to connect to the document, instead than the Desktop client.
If using the Desktop client is necessary, we recommend using "Open in Server" instead than "Open URL" and launching the Access Point.
If that is not possible, a workaround is to extend the Session Cookie time-out:
- stop the WebServer service
- edit C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml
- change the value for <SessionCookieTimeOut> to 120 (or an appropriate acceptable time in minutes before the issue starts happening)
- save the file and restart the service.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.