Qlik Sense requires the database superuser password to upgrade Qlik Sense or install Qlik Sense if an existing database is present.Environment:
Qlik Sense June 2017+
If you lost the password, but have already uninstalled the existing version of Qlik Sense:
- Back up C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgresSQL
- Download and install PostgreSQL 9.6
- When installing PostgreSQL ensure that the database folder is set to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL
- Backup C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\pg_hba.conf
- Open pg_hba.conf
- Replace 'md5' with 'trust'
- Start PostgreSQL
- Connect to the database as 'postgres', you will not need a password to connect due to the changes we previously made
- Change the password for 'postgres' and 'qliksenserepository'
- Shut down PostgreSQL
- Restore the backup of pg_hba.conf
- Uninstall PostgreSQL
- Install Qlik Sense using the new passwords