Error "FAILED EXECUTION DUE TO DEADLOCK/TIMEOUT" when loading data from DB2Article Number: 000056503 | Last Modified: 2018/09/16
- Schedule Qlik reload tasks properly (for example: outside business hours) to ensure that there is no write operations to the table while the connector is reading the table.
- Consider using system variables ErrorMode and ScriptErrorCount to implement an exception handling in the Qlik Sense load script, similar to this article: How to implement a fail-over data connection in QlikView / Qlik Sense. The general idea is as follows:
- Attempt the first table read
- If the first read is not successful due to table lock, use function Sleep (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptRegularStatements/Sleep.htm) to wait for the update operation to complete.
- Try the query again. A loop can be implemented to keep trying until the query is successful, or when max number of retries is reached.
ODBC Connector Package up to version 5.8.1 (Qlik Sense September 2018)
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.