No Documents visible on Access Point or QMC after upgrading Qlikview 11.20 to Qlikview 12.20, LEF contains OEM_PRODUCT_ID
Article Number: 000055747 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
After an upgrade from 11.20 to 12.20 SR6 all QlikView services are running, tasks complete successfully, but there are no documents visible on the Access Point or within the QMC (User Documents), only folder names are seen. Scheduled tasks still run ok.
Immediately check the LEF against the license key and see if it contains OEM_PRODUCT_ID
If this is present and the customer doesn't embed an "OEM Product ID" into their QlikView documents, this could be the issue.
QlikView 12.20 All Versions
If OEM_PRODUCT_ID is present in the LEF, but the customer doesn't use it, documents not containing this embedded ID will fail to show on the Access Point and in the QMC (User documents) after an upgrade from 11.20 to 12.20
It would appear in this example, the version of 11.20 didn't make use of this feature, when the system was upgraded 12.20 SR6 and using the same license; the functionality now works as expected.
- After confirming "OEM Product ID" is present in the LEF, you should also check if the customer has any knowledge of this OEM Product ID being embedded in any documents.
- Raise a case with Customer support to Request the LEF file is updated to remove this line to test.
- Once this is confirmed, in the QMC "Update the license from server"
- Enter the control number for the license again and choose Apply.
- The QVS will now restart, confirm the documents are now visible on the Access Point and in the QMC.
There may need to be further investigations into the license/account and the reason for this being part of their LEF afterwards, however this should resume document access after an upgrade from 11.20 to 12.20.