NPrinting: Understanding the "RPC server is unavailable" log messageArticle Number: 000055465 | Last Modified: 2019/06/28
- Qlik Nprinting all versions
- QlikView all versions
- Qlik Sense Enterprise all versions.
When connecting to QlikView:
- Was forcibly closed during the processing of an NPrinting report
- The NPrinting 16 server or NPrinting 16 desktop has crashed or was shut down by manual shutdown or power failure which resulted in the forcible shutdown of the QlikView Desktop installed on the respective computer where either the NP Desktop and or Server is installed
- The computer that runs the NPrinting 17 or higher Engine has crashed or was shut down by manual shutdown or power failure which resulted in the forcible shutdown of the QlikView Desktop install on the respective computer where either the NP Desktop and or Server is installed
- QV.exe process or processes are killed using task manager on the NP Engine computer or on the QlikView server
- There are not enough system RAM memory resources to handle the load placed on QV desktop that is installed on the NPrinting server. The result is the QV.exe crashes which in turn generates the RPC error message in the NPrinting logs
- The QlikView Desktop (qv.exe process(es)) must not be terminated or shut down while publishing NPrinting reports. If not the case, more information may be revealed by enabling Interactive Service Detection. See How to enable the Interactive Service Detection to troubleshoot NPrinting Server issues
- For Qlik Sense connections, if the process is not being shut down manually but by the system, instead of using the virtual proxy DNS name, use either the IP or FQDN of the central node. If those options do not work also possible to try using the hostname.
- Repeating and consistent reappearance of RPC errors may be indicating you are running out of system RAM. System resources should be added if you continue to experience RPC errors meaning your QlikView or Qlik Sense process has crashed.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.